Murder 3: Vishesh challenged our content, says Mahesh Bhatt
The fate of Randeep Hooda, Aditi Rao Hydari and Sara Loren-starrer 'Murder 3' will be decided Friday.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt reveals that his nephew Vishesh, who is making his debut as a director with "Murder 3", pointed out to them that the movies being made under the Vishesh Films banner have started lacking in quality content.
"'Murder 3' is a product with which we have re-invented the 'Murder' franchise. The 'Murder' franchise has become the most popular franchise for us. It has generated a lot of revenue for us. It has seen us through for almost a decade. But it is Vishesh Bhatt, the young nephew of mine, Mukesh Bhatt's son who had the courage to challenge our entrenched ideas," Mahesh Bhatt told reporters Monday at an event to celebrate the success of "Murder 3" music.
"Murder 3" has been produced under the banner Vishesh Films, co-owned by Mahesh and Vishesh's father Mukesh.
"He said that while we have undoubtedly risen from strength to strength, and our box-office collections have touched dizzying heights, there was a deterioration in the content, the emotional sub-text of our films has withered and with that he made us look at a painful truth. And he said that having said this now, let me take charge and correct it," he added.
The senior Bhatt is in complete awe of Vishesh.
"Vishesh has inhaled this film, made it a part of his entire being and he has metabolised it and given a product which has made me wake up to an awesome talent this kid has," Bhatt said.
The fate of Randeep Hooda, Aditi Rao Hydari and Sara Loren-starrer "Murder 3" will be decided Friday when it hits the screens.
But Mahesh Bhatt feels Vishesh has already struck a double century with "Murder 3".
"He comes from our genetic stream, my father was a filmmaker, his father is a filmmaker, I am a filmmaker but he has something which new India has. He has the understanding and the depth, which is the need of the hour. So Vishesh has made a great beginning and I can undoubtedly say in his debut he has scored a double century," he said.
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- FBI, Homeland Security to Probe Cyber Attacks That Disrupted Twitter, Reddit, Spotify
- DDoS attacks on Dyn, Amazon services shut down Twitter, Other Websites in US East
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh