DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Murray advances to Australian Open quarter-finals
Andy Murray advanced to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open with a 6-3, 6-1, 6-3 win over Gilles Simon of France.
Melbourne: U.S. Open champion Andy Murray has advanced to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open with a 6-3, 6-1, 6-3 win Monday over Gilles Simon of France.
Murray was rarely troubled in a match that lasted 1 hour, 35 minutes, though he was able to convert only eight of 15 break-point chances, while Simon took advantage of both his opportunities.
The third-seeded Murray will play unseeded Frenchman Jeremy Chardy in the quarter-finals. Chardy beat No. 21 Andreas Seppi 5-7, 6-3, 6-2, 6-2 on Monday.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet