Murray advances to Australian Open quarter-finals
Andy Murray advanced to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open with a 6-3, 6-1, 6-3 win over Gilles Simon of France.
Melbourne: U.S. Open champion Andy Murray has advanced to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open with a 6-3, 6-1, 6-3 win Monday over Gilles Simon of France.
Murray was rarely troubled in a match that lasted 1 hour, 35 minutes, though he was able to convert only eight of 15 break-point chances, while Simon took advantage of both his opportunities.
The third-seeded Murray will play unseeded Frenchman Jeremy Chardy in the quarter-finals. Chardy beat No. 21 Andreas Seppi 5-7, 6-3, 6-2, 6-2 on Monday.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance