Benazir assassination case: Lahore HC cancels Musharraf's interim bail
This comes at a time when Musharraf is under house arrest in another case.
Islamabad: The Lahore High Court has cancelled former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf's interim bail in the Benazir Bhutto assassination case. This comes at a time when Musharraf is under house arrest in another case.
Musharraf returned to his farmhouse which has been declared a sub-jail and where he was ordered to serve 14 days in judicial custody by an anti-terrorism court, in Islamabad on Saturday. He had spent the night in detention at police headquarters in Islamabad and returned there after his court appearance.
Earlier on Saturday, 69-year-old Musharraf was produced before Judge Kausar Abbas Zaidi of the anti-terrorism court amid chaotic scenes with lawyers raising slogans against the former President and scuffling with his supporters.
The Judge remanded him to judicial custody till May 4, 2013, a day after his arrest for treason for detaining over 60 judges after declaring emergency in 2007. A three-member Supreme Court bench has also been constituted to hear petitions seeking directions for initiating high treason trial against Musharraf for subverting the constitution and imposing emergency.
(With additional information from PTI)
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Watch: Special Broadcast On Surgical Strikes Across LoC
- India Briefs Envoys of 25 Countries After Army Conducts Surgical Strike
- Nawaz Sharif Talks to Army Cheif, Reviews Pakistan's Defence Preparedness
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3