DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Muslims must embrace modern education: Vastanvi
Govt alone cant bring Muslims out of poverty, modern education was the only solution, he said.
Bijnor: Vice-Chancellor of Darool Uloom Deoband seminary Maulana Ghulam Mohammad Vastanvi has said Muslims must embrace modern education as it will solve the problem of poverty faced by the community.
Speaking at Shehzadpur Nagal village in Najibabad here, Vastanvi said the government alone could not bring Muslims out of poverty and modern education was the only solution.
He said though Muslims comprise over 20 per cent of the population of Uttar Pradesh, Urdu is not imparted properly in the state's government schools and the language is taught well only in madrassas.
He also said it was not right to view madrassas with suspicion.
Vastanvi's comments are in tune with Vice-President Hamiz Ansari's statement on Sunday in Bangalore that Muslims need to embrace modern education to stay apace with the changing times in addition to pursuing religious studies.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet