Mussoorie: Class IX student delivers baby girl
The 16-year-old girl told the police that she got involved in a relationship with a boy in Dharamsala.
Dehradun: A student of Class IX of a government school has given birth to a baby girl in the hill town of Mussoorie, prompting the police to launch an investigation in the matter.
The 16-year-old girl, who hails from Arunanchal Pradesh, was living in the hostel of the Central government-run school for Tibetans in Mussoorie and she gave birth to the baby at a hospital on Friday, where she was admitted after she complained of severe stomach ache, a police official involved with the investigations said.
After the birth of the baby, the hospital informed the police, he added.
On being asked, the girl told the police that she got involved in a relationship with a boy at Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh where she had gone on vacations in June last year.
Police are trying to contact the boy to verify the statement of the girl, the official said.
The family of the girl has been informed about the development.
Though no case has so far been registered in the case, police are also investigating the role of the school and hostel authorities to find out why they hid the pregnancy of the girl.
Police are also working on the angle that some employee of the school or hostel might have been involved in the matter and the girl was giving statement under some pressure.
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Suspected To Be Behind The Deadly Assault
- Quetta Terror: How The Suicide Attack That Claimed Over 60 Lives Panned Out
- Quetta Terror Attack: Operation Ends; 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts
- Shapoorji Pallonji Likely to Contest Cyrus Mistry's Ouster From Tata Sons
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani