Muzaffarnagar riots: Five lakh for displaced families living in relief camps
<p>Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday announced a one-time financial assistance of rupees 5 lakh to help in the rehabilitation of each displaced Muslim family still living in relief camps after the Muzaffarnagar riots.</p>
Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday announced a one-time financial assistance of rupees 5 lakh to help in the rehabilitation of each displaced Muslim family still living in relief camps after the Muzaffarnagar riots.
An official spokesperson said the decision intends to help these families resettle after leaving the relief camps. "Government has decided to give one time financial aid to those families who were displaced from several villages in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts and went to relief camps, but are not ready to move to their places," he said.
He said an estimated expenditure of Rs 90 crore will be borne by the state government for the purpose. On the basis of the report of district administration, these families were identified as the ones which could resettle only after a financial assistance, the officer said. A total of 1,800 families were displaced in the riots, he said.
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18