Muzaffarnagar: 3 killed in fresh communal violence in Budhana
The three victims were beaten to death in clashes between members of two communities in Muhammadpurraisingh village.
Muzaffarnagar: Three persons have been killed on Wednesday night in fresh outbreak of communal violence in Budhana area of Muzaffarnagar district, which was hit by riots in September that had left over 60 dead.
The three victims, identified as Afroz, 20, Meherban, 21, and Ajmal, 22, were beaten to death while another was injured in clashes between members of two communities in Muhammadpurraisingh village, District Magistrate Kaushal Raj told PTI. Sources have said that the victims were among those staying at a relief camp.
The incident appeared to be the fallout of the communal tension in the region. Muhammadpurraisingh village was one of places affected by the riots in September. Efforts are on to nab the accused. Security has been tightened and senior officials are on the spot, the DM said. Meerut Range IG, Saharanpur DIG and, Muzaffarnagar DM and SSP are at the spot
(with additional inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology