Muzaffarpur: Panchayat to boycott Delhi minor rape accused's family
25-year-old Manoj Kumar is a native of Bharthua panchayat under Auraiya police station area of Bihar's Muzaffarpur district.
Muzaffarpur: The Bharthua panchayat on Saturday decided to boycott the family of rape accused Manoj Kumar after villagers came to know about his involvement in the horrific crime in east Delhi. This decision was taken by members at an emergency meeting of the panchayat.
25-year-old Kumar is a native of Bharthua panchayat under Auraiya police station area of Bihar's Muzaffarpur district, about 50 km from Patna. He was arrested by a Delhi police team with the help of Bihar police late last night from the house of his in-laws in neighbouring Chiknouta village. Kumar was taken by Delhi police to the national capital on Saturday on transit remand.
Bharthua sarpanch Lal Babu Rai said the members sought death sentence for the guilty youth for the "beastly" act. He confirmed the panchayat decision to boycott the youth's family. When contacted, Muzaffarpur Superintendent of Police Saurabh Kumar expressed ignorance of any such decision of Bharthua panchayat
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology