Somali pirates release MV Iceberg, 6 Indian hostages
This comes 11 months after 17 Indian sailors were freed on January 10, 2012 by Somali pirates.
New Delhi: After nearly 32 months, Somali pirates on Sunday released MV Iceberg along with six Indian sailors who were on board.
This comes 11 months after 17 Indian sailors were freed on January 10, 2012 by Somali pirates. The number of hijackings has significantly reduced in the last few months.
Taken captive in March 2010, the cargo ship MV Iceberg-I's owner had stopped negotiations with the pirates. He had also not paid a single penny to the families of the sailors.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1