My character is apt in 'Aarakshan': Saif
The actor plays a Dalit teacher in Prakash Jha's socio-political drama.
Mumbai: Actor Saif Ali Khan, who faced protests over his role of a Dalit in 'Aarakshan', says he should not be discriminated because of his royal background.
'Aarakshan' (Reservation) is a social-political drama based on the reservations in government institutions and jobs, releasing tomorrow. Saif plays a Dalit teacher in 'Aarakshan' releasing tomorrow.
Kanpur-based 'The Dalit Suraksha Samiti' had expressed anger over the actor being cast as a member of the backward caste in the movie.
"When we think of our hero we don't necessarily think of you. I think they must have thought like that. I feel if they see the film I am sure they will understand. Prakashji is a very serious filmmaker. Every director loves his films...so he would not have mis-cast me or done something horribly wrong
by taking the wrong person. And I am not offended at all (by the protest)," he had said.
'Aarakshan' stars Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Padukone, Manoj Bajpayee and Prateik Babbar, besides Saif.
<iframe width="100%" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pJBR0LLX0d0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen