DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
My character is apt in 'Aarakshan': Saif
The actor plays a Dalit teacher in Prakash Jha's socio-political drama.
Mumbai: Actor Saif Ali Khan, who faced protests over his role of a Dalit in 'Aarakshan', says he should not be discriminated because of his royal background.
'Aarakshan' (Reservation) is a social-political drama based on the reservations in government institutions and jobs, releasing tomorrow. Saif plays a Dalit teacher in 'Aarakshan' releasing tomorrow.
Kanpur-based 'The Dalit Suraksha Samiti' had expressed anger over the actor being cast as a member of the backward caste in the movie.
"When we think of our hero we don't necessarily think of you. I think they must have thought like that. I feel if they see the film I am sure they will understand. Prakashji is a very serious filmmaker. Every director loves his films...so he would not have mis-cast me or done something horribly wrong
by taking the wrong person. And I am not offended at all (by the protest)," he had said.
'Aarakshan' stars Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Padukone, Manoj Bajpayee and Prateik Babbar, besides Saif.
<iframe width="100%" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pJBR0LLX0d0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Recommended For You
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Bevy of Stars at Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise