'Mystery woman' chosen to dance: father
K Nagendra, Madhura's father, said that she was not an intruder and there was no security breach.
Bangalore: Father of Madhura Nagendra, the mysterious woman, who gatecrashed into the Indian Olympic contingent's march past at the Opening Ceremony, on Sunday claimed that his daughter was officially selected for a dance performance by show creator Danny Boyle.
Dressed in red shirt and blue trouser, Madhura was seen leading the Indian contingent in the march past alongside Beijing Games bronze medallist Sushil Kumar during the Opening ceremony and her unwanted presence has left the Indians fuming as they had no clue as to who she was.
However, her father K Nagendra said she was not an intruder and there was no security breach and also apologised for the controversial incident.
"My daughter Madhura was officially selected for giving a dance performance in the inaugural ceremony by show creator Danny Boyle," Madhura's father K Nagendra said here.
Nagendra said his daughter was practising dance for past many months with all participants selected to perform at the Opening ceremony.
"From whatever I learnt and presume that she being an Indian, the London Olympics Organising Committee might also have selected her to 'take' the team inside the stadium. This might have hurt our team's feelings. I feel very sorry for that," Nagendra said.
Nagendra said there was no security breach by her daughter as nobody can enter the stadium without security clearance.
Nagendra also said that he was also given passes to watch the show. "I returned on Saturday from London and my daughter would reach Bangalore in next couple of days," he added.
Madhura is a post-graduate student and studied in Christ College in Bangalore.
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Virat Kohli Offers Condolences to Families of Uri Attack Victims
- R Ashwin Is A Priceless Cricketer : Virat Kohli