'Naayak' collects Rs.27.56 crore in two days
Directed by V.V Vinayak, 'Naayak' also features Kajal Agarwal and Amala Paul in key parts.
Chennai: Telugu actor Ram Charan Teja's action-thriller 'Naayak' has raked in Rs.27.56 crore worldwide within the first two days of release. The movie hit the screens Jan 9.
"The film had tremendous opening in Andhra Pradesh on the day of its release. It amassed over Rs.10 crore on the first day. The overall collection in the first two days from all over the world comes to Rs. 27.56 crore," Trinath, trade analyst, told IANS.
"Since it was released during the middle of the week, the film still has two more days over the weekend to increase profit drastically," he added.
Directed by V.V Vinayak, 'Naayak' also features Kajal Agarwal and Amala Paul in key parts. Other cast members include Brahmanandam, Jayaprakash Reddy, M.S Narayana, Ashish Vidyarthi and Rahul Dev.
The film is also said to be doing well in the overseas market.
"Telugu film 'Naayak' has embarked upon a fantabulous start in the US," tweeted Mumbai-based trade analyst Taran Adarsh.
The film, which was produced by D.V.V Danayya, features Ram in a dual role for the first time. It is the story of one man's fight against the wrong doings in society.
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army