Nadal beats Federer to enter the BNP Paribas Open semis
Comeback man Rafael Nadal defeated Roger Federer 6-4, 6-2 in the quarter-finals of the BNP Paribas Open.
Indian Wells: Rafael Nadal has defeated error-prone Roger Federer 6-4, 6-2 in the quarter-finals of the BNP Paribas Open in the earliest meeting between the two rivals since they first played each other in 2004.
Nadal needed barely 1 1/2 hours to close out the defending champion in their 29th career meeting on Thursday night and the first in a quarter-final. Nadal faced just two break points on his serve in the match.
Nadal and Federer usually don't play each other until the semi-finals and finals of tournaments, but the Indian Wells draw pitted them against each other in their earliest meeting since their match in the third round at Miami.
Nadal returned to the ATP Tour a month ago, winning two of three tournaments on clay after missing seven months because of a left knee injury. Federer tweaked his back earlier in the tournament.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Salman Khan Dropped as Thums Up Ambassador by Coca Cola
- Salman Khan's Acquittal in Chinkara Poaching Case Challenged in SC
- Bigg Boss 10: Deepika Padukone Wants Salman, Aamir to Get Locked Inside the House
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18