Nadal beats Federer to enter the BNP Paribas Open semis
Comeback man Rafael Nadal defeated Roger Federer 6-4, 6-2 in the quarter-finals of the BNP Paribas Open.
Indian Wells: Rafael Nadal has defeated error-prone Roger Federer 6-4, 6-2 in the quarter-finals of the BNP Paribas Open in the earliest meeting between the two rivals since they first played each other in 2004.
Nadal needed barely 1 1/2 hours to close out the defending champion in their 29th career meeting on Thursday night and the first in a quarter-final. Nadal faced just two break points on his serve in the match.
Nadal and Federer usually don't play each other until the semi-finals and finals of tournaments, but the Indian Wells draw pitted them against each other in their earliest meeting since their match in the third round at Miami.
Nadal returned to the ATP Tour a month ago, winning two of three tournaments on clay after missing seven months because of a left knee injury. Federer tweaked his back earlier in the tournament.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands