Nadal beats Gasquet in straight sets, into final
Rafael Nadal is into the US Open final after a 6-4, 7-6 (1), 6-2 victory over Richard Gasquet on Saturday.
New York: Rafael Nadal is into the US Open final after a 6-4, 7-6 (1), 6-2 victory over Richard Gasquet on Saturday.
The second-seeded Nadal will face No. 1 Novak Djokovic on Monday.
Nadal extended his streak without losing a service game to 73 before Frenchman Gasquet broke him in the fourth game of the second set. Both players held through to the tiebreaker, which Nadal won easily.
Djokovic had advanced to the final earlier with a 2-6, 7-6 (4), 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 victory over No. 9 Stanislas Wawrinka.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology