Nadal beats Gasquet in straight sets, into final
Rafael Nadal is into the US Open final after a 6-4, 7-6 (1), 6-2 victory over Richard Gasquet on Saturday.
New York: Rafael Nadal is into the US Open final after a 6-4, 7-6 (1), 6-2 victory over Richard Gasquet on Saturday.
The second-seeded Nadal will face No. 1 Novak Djokovic on Monday.
Nadal extended his streak without losing a service game to 73 before Frenchman Gasquet broke him in the fourth game of the second set. Both players held through to the tiebreaker, which Nadal won easily.
Djokovic had advanced to the final earlier with a 2-6, 7-6 (4), 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 victory over No. 9 Stanislas Wawrinka.
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput