DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nadal beats Gasquet in straight sets, into final
Rafael Nadal is into the US Open final after a 6-4, 7-6 (1), 6-2 victory over Richard Gasquet on Saturday.
New York: Rafael Nadal is into the US Open final after a 6-4, 7-6 (1), 6-2 victory over Richard Gasquet on Saturday.
The second-seeded Nadal will face No. 1 Novak Djokovic on Monday.
Nadal extended his streak without losing a service game to 73 before Frenchman Gasquet broke him in the fourth game of the second set. Both players held through to the tiebreaker, which Nadal won easily.
Djokovic had advanced to the final earlier with a 2-6, 7-6 (4), 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 victory over No. 9 Stanislas Wawrinka.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- AB De Villiers Angry at 'Ball-Tampering' Inference
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Challenge is to Not Think About Defending Title, Says Virat Kohli