DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nadal confirms participation in Mexican Open next year
Nadal has been sidelined with a left knee injury since a second-round loss at Wimbledon in June.
Madrid: Rafael Nadal is set to play at the Mexican Open in February, although the fourth-ranked Spaniard remains committed to returning ahead of the Australian Open.
The clay-court Mexican Open is scheduled for Feb. 25-March 2.
Toni Nadal, the player's trainer and uncle, tells the Associated Press that Nadal is focused on returning in time for an exhibition event at the end of the year in Abu Dhabi as part of his preparations for the Australian Open in January.
Nadal has been sidelined with a left knee injury since a second-round loss at Wimbledon in June. He has said it is unlikely he could play for Spain at the Davis Cup final in the Czech Republic next month.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics