Nadal confirms participation in Mexican Open next year
Nadal has been sidelined with a left knee injury since a second-round loss at Wimbledon in June.
Madrid: Rafael Nadal is set to play at the Mexican Open in February, although the fourth-ranked Spaniard remains committed to returning ahead of the Australian Open.
The clay-court Mexican Open is scheduled for Feb. 25-March 2.
Toni Nadal, the player's trainer and uncle, tells the Associated Press that Nadal is focused on returning in time for an exhibition event at the end of the year in Abu Dhabi as part of his preparations for the Australian Open in January.
Nadal has been sidelined with a left knee injury since a second-round loss at Wimbledon in June. He has said it is unlikely he could play for Spain at the Davis Cup final in the Czech Republic next month.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance