Nadal faces busy Friday after rain hits Barcelona Open
Nadal may have to play two matches on Friday after his third round clash against Frenchman Benoit Paire was postponed by rain.
Barcelona: Rafael Nadal may have to play two matches at the Barcelona Open on Friday after his third round clash against Frenchman Benoit Paire was postponed by rain on Thursday.
The world number five and second seed, gunning for an eighth Barcelona title, will face Paire on Friday with either sixth seed Kei Nishikori or Albert Ramos waiting in the next round should Nadal avoid an upset.
Third seed Tomas Berdych was also frustrated by the weather and will play his third round against Spaniard Tommy Robredo on centre court on Friday.
Before the weather intervened Russian qualifier Dmitry Tursunov, who shocked top seed David Ferrer on Wednesday, was ousted by 16th-seed Thomaz Bellucci 4-6 6-1 6-3.
Fourth seed Nicolas Almagro and seventh seed Juan Monaco will clash in the quarter-finals after straight set victories over Marcel Granollers and Jeremy Chardy respectively.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Rain Could Play Spoilsport in India-New Zealand Eden Test
- Official Emblem for U-17 Football World Cup Launched