DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nadal fit for Davis Cup match vs Belgium
Nadal missed Spain's 5-0 loss to France last July.
Madrid: World number one Rafa Nadal has recovered from the injury he picked up at the Australian Open and will represent Spain in their Davis Cup world group first-round match against Belgium next month.
Nadal missed Spain's 5-0 loss to France last July, a defeat which ended the four-times winners' reign as champions.
After picking up a minor injury in Melbourne that sidelined him for 10 days, he has made himself available for selection alongside David Ferrer, Fernando Verdasco and Feliciano Lopez for the March 4-6 tie in Charleroi.
"Having the number one and the best sportsman of 2010 in the side gives us stability," captain Albert Costa told a news conference on Thursday.
"After the small injury he had in Australia, he did the work needed to get back into training," Costa added. "He's coming back gradually and when he joins our training camp, he'll be in perfect condition."
Spain have dominated the Davis Cup in recent years, winning in 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2009. They were runners-up in 2003.
They lead Belgium 2-1 in the pair's head-to-head series and won 5-0 in their most recent meeting in Seville in 2003.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?