DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Reigning champion Nadal pulls out of Wimbledon
The Spaniard has been struggling with tendinitis in his knees.
London: Champion Rafael Nadal pulled out of Wimbledon on Friday after losing his battle to recover from a knee injury.
"Unfortunately this year I won't be able to play at Wimbledon," he told a news conference.
The Spaniard, who has been struggling with tendinitis in his knees since being knocked out of the French Open last month, tested his fitness in two exhibition matches this week but after losing both decided not to defend his Wimbledon title just three days before the start of the Major.
He will be the first man not to defend his All England Club crown since Croatia's Goran Ivanisevic skipped the grasscourt Grand Slam in 2002.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi