Federer and Nadal enter Qatar Open second round
Roger Federer cruised past Christophe Rochus of Belgium 6-1, 6-2.
Qatar: Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal breezed into the second round of the Qatar Open with straight-set wins on Tuesday.
Top-ranked Federer cruised past Christophe Rochus of Belgium 6-1, 6-2. Second-ranked Nadal defeated Simone Bolelli of Italy 6-3, 6-3.
With no sign of a back problem that plagued him at the start of last year, Federer launched his season by breaking Rochus in the fourth and sixth games. Rochus had three unforced errors in each game. He then broke Rochus in the first and seventh games of the second set to seal the victory.
Federer had 12 aces and 47 winners in the dominating performance. He'll face Evgeny Korolev of Russia on Wednesday.
"I was able to create points," Federer said. "It was good to get on a roll. My movement was explosive. I am happy how I played."
Nadal will face Potito Starace of Italy.
"I got good practice in Abu Dhabi and that gave me good rhythm for this match," Nadal said. "Bolelli plays good shots, so this was a tough match."
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards