DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
WB: Villagers denied permission for puja, clash with police
Villagers had blocked roads in protest after being denied permission to hold Jagadhatri puja.
Kolkata: At least one person has died in clashes between the police and villages in Tehatta in the Nadia district. Villagers had blocked roads in protest after being denied permission to hold Jagadhatri puja.
There was heavy security in place with the police resorting to a lathicharge and firing. The Chief Secretary has called a high-level meeting with key bureaucrats and state police chiefs in Kolkata.
Reports say at least three police vans were torched during the clash.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Suresh Raina, Shikhar Dhawan Join Break The Beard Club
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO