Naga sadhus rough up foreign journos
According to reports, the photographers had offered cigarettes to some newly inducted Naga ascetics.
New Delhi: The naked or the Naga sadhus have been drawing crowds at the Kumbh Mela in Allahabad for their strange way of living.
But now these sadhus are in the news for roughing up some foreign photojournalists.
Things got tense between the two parties on Friday when the foreign media in Allahabad tried to click the naked, ash-covered bodies of the sadhus from close quarters during Ardh Kumbh.
According to reports, the photographers had offered cigarettes to some newly inducted Naga ascetics, who gleefully accepted them.
However, they came charging at the photographers monitor, caught the lensmen by the scruff of their neck, and pushed them angrily with threatening chimtas (an iron implement carried by sadhus) in hand and said this was no tamasha.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)