DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Naga sadhus rough up foreign journos
According to reports, the photographers had offered cigarettes to some newly inducted Naga ascetics.
New Delhi: The naked or the Naga sadhus have been drawing crowds at the Kumbh Mela in Allahabad for their strange way of living.
But now these sadhus are in the news for roughing up some foreign photojournalists.
Things got tense between the two parties on Friday when the foreign media in Allahabad tried to click the naked, ash-covered bodies of the sadhus from close quarters during Ardh Kumbh.
According to reports, the photographers had offered cigarettes to some newly inducted Naga ascetics, who gleefully accepted them.
However, they came charging at the photographers monitor, caught the lensmen by the scruff of their neck, and pushed them angrily with threatening chimtas (an iron implement carried by sadhus) in hand and said this was no tamasha.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Not Just T20, Want to Do Well in Other Formats As Well, Says Krunal
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa