Nagaland: Man arrested for raping 12-year-old girl
Police said the man allegedly took the girl to the outskirts of Kiphire town and brutally raped her twice.
Kohima: A 12-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour on the pretext of giving her a lift in his vehicle in Kiphire district of Nagaland on Wednesday, police sources said.
The 25-year-old accused, identified as Taliba Sangtam of Kiphire village, a driver by profession, has been arrested, the sources said.
Sangtam offered a ride to the girl, who was returning from school after dropping her little brother, on the pretext of taking her home.
He then allegedly took her to the outskirts of Kiphire town and brutally raped her twice, the sources said, adding that a case has been registered.
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- India Declares Itself Free from Bird Flu
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18