School van accident in TN; 9 students and 1 teacher dead
10 people drowned to death when the van fell in a pond in Nagapattinam.
Chennai: Nine schoolchildren and their teacher were killed on Thursday when their van plunged into a deep pond in Tamil Nadu's Nagapattinam district.
The van, which was carrying 25 children from the Devi Nursery School, slipped off the road and fell into a 15-ft deep pond near in Katripullam village near Vedaranyam, about 350 km from Chennai.
Police officials said 11 students had been rescued and sent to hospital while a search was on to locate the missing five.
The van driver, who is absconding, seemed to have lost control as the road was slippery, police said.
The van has been pulled out of the water.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw