Nagarjuna's wife Amala Akkineni arrested in Hyderabad
The actress was arrested for protesting against Coal Mining in forest areas. However, she was later released.
Amala Akkineni, who is also the wife of actor Nagarjuna has been arrested in Hyderabad. The actress, along with nine others were arrested for protesting against Coal Mining in forest areas. Amala took part in the protest as a Greenpeace activist which was staged near the historical monument Charminar. However, she was later released on personal bonds.
The protesters used the sign 'Stop Coal Crimes-Save Indian Forests' and attracted a lot of attention in public. "Coal mining is destroying the huge biodiversity in India besides homes of tribal communities and threatening natural habitat of Indian Tiger and that is why I am protesting today along with those who signed Greenpeace India's petition demanding the government to stop destroying our forests," Amala said.
The incident took place on the day Environment Minister Jayanthi Natarajan inaugurated the eleventh meet of the Conference of the Parties (COP-11) to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
- Time For Pakistan To Learn Some Lessons: Subramanian Swamy
- India Has Sent Right Signal To Pakistan And World, Says Shashi Tharoor on Surgical Strike
- Uri Avenged: What Does a Surgical Strike Involve?
- Watch: How The Surgical Strikes Were Carried Out
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away