DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nagarjuna's wife Amala Akkineni arrested in Hyderabad
The actress was arrested for protesting against Coal Mining in forest areas. However, she was later released.
Amala Akkineni, who is also the wife of actor Nagarjuna has been arrested in Hyderabad. The actress, along with nine others were arrested for protesting against Coal Mining in forest areas. Amala took part in the protest as a Greenpeace activist which was staged near the historical monument Charminar. However, she was later released on personal bonds.
The protesters used the sign 'Stop Coal Crimes-Save Indian Forests' and attracted a lot of attention in public. "Coal mining is destroying the huge biodiversity in India besides homes of tribal communities and threatening natural habitat of Indian Tiger and that is why I am protesting today along with those who signed Greenpeace India's petition demanding the government to stop destroying our forests," Amala said.
The incident took place on the day Environment Minister Jayanthi Natarajan inaugurated the eleventh meet of the Conference of the Parties (COP-11) to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham