'Nagin' remake to be contemporary, says Ekta
TV and film producer Ekta Kapoor, has bought the rights of yesteryear blockbuster film 'Nagin'.
Mumbai: TV and film producer Ekta Kapoor, who has bought the rights of yesteryear blockbuster film 'Nagin' is remaking the Jeetendra-Reena Roy starrer with a contemporary feel to it.
"We are remaking 'Nagin' but it will be set in today's time. It will be a contemporary feel considering the sensibilities of today's audience. We are actively working on the script and it would take three-four months," a source
close to the project said.
'Nagin', which released in 1976 starred bigwigs like Sunil Dutt, Feroz Khan, Jeetendra, Sanjay Khan, Vinod Mehra, Rekha, Mumtaz and Reena Roy, who played the title role. The director will also be locked followed by casting.
"We haven't identified the director yet. Once the director is finalised then we will think of actors. It is too premature to talk about a cameo appearance of Jeetendraji and Reenaji," the source said.
Other much awaited project coming from Ekta's production company - Balaji Motion Pictures - is 'Milan Talkies'. "Priyanka will be seen playing the role of a small town girl in the movie. The love story is modern and set in today's
time. But the film is based in Lucknow, a small town," the source said.
Priyanka will be paired opposite Imran Khan for the first time in this film. Directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia 'Milan Talkies' is likely to go into production from August-September.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology