'Nagin' remake to be contemporary, says Ekta
TV and film producer Ekta Kapoor, has bought the rights of yesteryear blockbuster film 'Nagin'.
Mumbai: TV and film producer Ekta Kapoor, who has bought the rights of yesteryear blockbuster film 'Nagin' is remaking the Jeetendra-Reena Roy starrer with a contemporary feel to it.
"We are remaking 'Nagin' but it will be set in today's time. It will be a contemporary feel considering the sensibilities of today's audience. We are actively working on the script and it would take three-four months," a source
close to the project said.
'Nagin', which released in 1976 starred bigwigs like Sunil Dutt, Feroz Khan, Jeetendra, Sanjay Khan, Vinod Mehra, Rekha, Mumtaz and Reena Roy, who played the title role. The director will also be locked followed by casting.
"We haven't identified the director yet. Once the director is finalised then we will think of actors. It is too premature to talk about a cameo appearance of Jeetendraji and Reenaji," the source said.
Other much awaited project coming from Ekta's production company - Balaji Motion Pictures - is 'Milan Talkies'. "Priyanka will be seen playing the role of a small town girl in the movie. The love story is modern and set in today's
time. But the film is based in Lucknow, a small town," the source said.
Priyanka will be paired opposite Imran Khan for the first time in this film. Directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia 'Milan Talkies' is likely to go into production from August-September.
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir, Anushka, Aishwarya Caught Up in a Twisted Love Triangle
- Navjot Singh Sidhu Not Leaving The Kapil Sharma Show
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane