DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
2 killed, 7 injured in Nagpur building collapse
The deceased are yet to be identified, the rescue operations are in full swing to extricate those who are still feared trapped.
New Delih: Two people are dead and seven labourers were injured in Nagpur when a multi-storey building collapsed on Monday night. The building was housing a small industrial unit.
The deceased are yet to be identified even as the rescue operations are in full swing to extricate those who are still feared trapped under the debris, police said, adding one of the two workers died on the spot while the other succumbed to his injuries in Mayo general hospital after admission.
According to police, due to the impact, the plant machinery suffered an extensive damage, resulting in leakage of Ammonium and Carbon-di-Oxide gases causing brief panic in nearby residential areas.
Many of the residents complained of uneasiness and irritation of eyes due to the leakage which is being brought under control, they said.
Power supply was disrupted in the area post collapse and fire brigade and police teams have launched massive rescue operations, added police.
With additional information from PTI
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet