Naomi Watts to play Princess Diana in biopic
Hollywood actress Naomi Watts is all set to star as Lady Diana in 'Caught in Flight'.
Los Angeles: Hollywood actress Naomi Watts is all set to star as Lady Diana in 'Caught in Flight', a new drama about the last two years of the princess' life. It was earlier said that Jessica Chastain would star in
the biopic but Ecosse Films has now announced that Watts will star as the late princess in 'Flight', with production scheduled to begin shooting later this year, reported Huffington Post.
"It is such an honor to be able to play this iconic role Princess Diana was loved across the world and I look forward to rising to the challenge of playing her on screen," British-Australian actress Watts, 43, said in a statement.
When it was first discussed last year, 'Flight' which comes from 'Downfall' director Oliver Hirschbiegel - was set to focus on Diana's long-time love affair with Dr Hasnat Kahn, the 'love of her life'.
There's no mention of Kahn in the new reports, however 'Caught in Flight' will apparently show "how finding true personal happiness for the first time allowed [Princess Di] to evolve into a major international campaigner and humanitarian."
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Pre-birthday Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner