Narain suffers 2nd degree burns at Spanish GP
34-year-old Indian suffered burns after the floor of the car got damaged.
New Delhi: Hispania Racing driver Narain Karthikeyan suffered second-degree burns on his lower back during the Spanish Grand Prix on Sunday, it has been reliably learnt. However, the reason for his injury is shrouded in mystery.
According to one version, the 34-year-old Indian, who is making his comeback to Formula One after five years, suffered burns after the floor of the car got damaged by the rubber marbles on the track.
Since the start of the season, drivers have complained about the rubber marbles that get deposited on the periphery of the racing line because of tyre degradation. Being at the back, HRT cars have to sacrifice the racing line in order to allow the leaders through. These hard granules pack a punch when they hit the floor of a car moving at 300 km per hour. Apparently, Narain suffered burns because the damage somewhat compromised the heat insulation.
However, according to a different version, Narain suffered burns because the floor of the car got disjointed from the monocoque at some places.
Narain saw a doctor on Monday to treat the blister that resulted because of the burns.
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Lenovo Z2 Plus With Snapdragon 820 Processor Launched At Rs 17,999
- Lenovo Z2 Plus Smartphone to Launch on September 22
- Xiaomi Mi 5S Might Get Snapdragon 821, 2K Display and 4GB RAM
- Leaked before launch: Apple's iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C