DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Narain suffers 2nd degree burns at Spanish GP
34-year-old Indian suffered burns after the floor of the car got damaged.
New Delhi: Hispania Racing driver Narain Karthikeyan suffered second-degree burns on his lower back during the Spanish Grand Prix on Sunday, it has been reliably learnt. However, the reason for his injury is shrouded in mystery.
According to one version, the 34-year-old Indian, who is making his comeback to Formula One after five years, suffered burns after the floor of the car got damaged by the rubber marbles on the track.
Since the start of the season, drivers have complained about the rubber marbles that get deposited on the periphery of the racing line because of tyre degradation. Being at the back, HRT cars have to sacrifice the racing line in order to allow the leaders through. These hard granules pack a punch when they hit the floor of a car moving at 300 km per hour. Apparently, Narain suffered burns because the damage somewhat compromised the heat insulation.
However, according to a different version, Narain suffered burns because the floor of the car got disjointed from the monocoque at some places.
Narain saw a doctor on Monday to treat the blister that resulted because of the burns.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan