DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Narendra Modi using Mahatma Gandhi's name to his advantage: Digvijaya Singh
<p>Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh hit out at Narendra Modi, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister has "no right" to invoke Mahatma Gandhi's name.</p>
Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh hit out at Narendra Modi, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister has "no right" to invoke Mahatma Gandhi's name.
"Modi takes Gandhi's name not because he agrees with his ideologies or principles but because he wants to encash on his standing among the people," Singh told reporters in Raghogarh on Sunday.
Singh said there was no truth in Modi's claim that after Independence Gandhi advocated that the Congress must be disbanded.
Regarding Telangana, he said a meeting of the Group of Ministers (GoM) would soon be held to discuss all matters related to the issue. He said that the UPA government had arrived at the decision on forming a separate Telangana state only after consulting all political parties.
Singh said recent rains in Madhya Pradesh had caused losses to crops, but the BJP-led government has not yet ordered any survey.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere