Narendra Modi using Mahatma Gandhi's name to his advantage: Digvijaya Singh
<p>Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh hit out at Narendra Modi, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister has "no right" to invoke Mahatma Gandhi's name.</p>
Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh hit out at Narendra Modi, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister has "no right" to invoke Mahatma Gandhi's name.
"Modi takes Gandhi's name not because he agrees with his ideologies or principles but because he wants to encash on his standing among the people," Singh told reporters in Raghogarh on Sunday.
Singh said there was no truth in Modi's claim that after Independence Gandhi advocated that the Congress must be disbanded.
Regarding Telangana, he said a meeting of the Group of Ministers (GoM) would soon be held to discuss all matters related to the issue. He said that the UPA government had arrived at the decision on forming a separate Telangana state only after consulting all political parties.
Singh said recent rains in Madhya Pradesh had caused losses to crops, but the BJP-led government has not yet ordered any survey.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)