Dutt remembers mom Nargis on her birthday
Tuesday marks actress Nargis' 81st birth anniversary
New Delhi: Remembering his mother Nargis Dutt on her birth anniversary, Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt says he misses her even 29 years after her death.
Nargis died in 1981 after a prolonged battle with pancreatic cancer. Tuesday marks her 81st birth anniversary.
"It's been 29 years now that my beloved mother left us. It's her b'day today. As I remember her each time, everything comes to me in flashes," Sanjay posted on the microblogging site Twitter.
"Wishing my mom a lovely birthday. May god bless her soul. I know wherever she is, she must be happy. Love you ma."
Born as Fatima Rashid, Nargis made her screen debut as a child artiste with Talash-E-Haq in 1935 and Tamanna (1942) was her first film as a full-fledged actress.
In her two-decade long career, Nargis appeared in several successful films like Barsaat, Andaz, Awara, Deedar, Shree 420 and Chori Chori.
She is still remembered for her role in Mehboob Khan's Oscar-nominated rural drama Mother India that came in 1957. The following year she tied the knot with her co-star Sunil Dutt who played her son in the movie.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right