Nashik: 7-yr-old raped, murdered by family friend
The accused, already booked on charges of theft, has been arrested, the police said.
Nashik: A seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by a family friend on the Mumbai-Agra national highway in Nashik, police said on Monday.
The girl's body was found near the Meenatai Thackarey stadium on Sunday, police said.
The seven-year-old went missing from her house on July 28. Later, the victim's parents told police that one of their family friends, Yogesh Ramdas Khade, had come to their house on Saturday evening and gone out with the girl, they said.
Based on the information, police arrested Khade, who is already booked on charges of theft at Panchvati police station, they said.
Meanwhile, the girl's body was sent to Nashik Civil Hospital for postmortem, which confirmed that she was raped and then strangled, police said.
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- Happy Birthday! Google is Now an Adult