Nashik: Five held for betting on IPL matches
Ten mobile phones, a laptop and other betting related material were also seized from the place, the police said.
Nashik: Five persons were arrested for allegedly betting on the IPL matches during a raid at a bungalow in Nashik, the police said on Thursday. Acting on a tip-off, the police raided the Sai Palace bungalow in the city on Wednesday night and arrested the five bookies, Assistant Commissioner of Police Pankaj Rahane said.
Ten mobile phones, a laptop and other betting related material were also seized from the place, he said.
Those arrested have been identified as - Rajendra Savna, resident of Nashik Road, Sameer Mahindra Mantri, Praveen Bhutada, Ravindra Dhage and Pankaj Somani (all from Buldhana, Maharashtra).
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor