DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Nation pays homage to Gandhi on 65th death anniversary
Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Singh paid floral tributes at Gandhi's memorial in Rajghat.
New Delhi: The nation on January 30 remembered Mahatma Gandhi on his 65th death anniversary with President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh leading the country in paying homage to the Father of the Nation.
Mukherjee, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Singh paid floral tributes at Gandhi's memorial in Rajghat here at a function. UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Defence Minister AK Antony, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, senior BJP leaders LK Advani and Sushma Swaraj and chiefs of three services paid tributes to the Father of the Nation at his memorial.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, a number of central ministers, leaders of various political parties and people from different walks of life also paid homage to Gandhi.
A multi-faith prayer service was organised and devotional songs were sung at the function held at 11 AM. Around 200 school students were also present at the function.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017