National Award: Gurvinder Singh wins best director
Gurvinder Singh, the director of Punjabi film 'Anhe Ghorey Da Daan' has won the National Award for Best Director.
New Delhi: Gurvinder Singh, the director of Punjabi film 'Anhe Ghorey Da Daan' has won the National Award for the Best Director.
Based on a Punjabi novel of the same title by Gurdial Singh, the film is set in a village called Patinda, where villagers work on the fields of the local landlord.
The film takes a very unbiased look at the plight and problems of the farmers as well as the landlords.
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal
- Whenever We Planned To Play India, Something Happens: PCB
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN