National Games come to a glittering end
The 35,000 capacity venue at Ranchi was jam packed for the closing ceremony of the National Games.
Ranchi: Thousands watched the glittering closing ceremony of the 34th National Games at the Birsa Munda Athletic Stadium here. The 35,000-capacity venue was jam packed.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda said that with the successful holding of the Games, the state has proved that it too can match the Commonwealth Games.
The infrastructure created for the National Games at the Mega Sports Complex at Hotwar, Ranchi is at par with the best in the country. This was duly acknowledged by visiting officials and the participating players, Munda said.
Munda added that all efforts would be made to utilise the infrastructure for promoting sports as well as convert it to a Sports University.
Lauding the effort of the home team, Munda announced that all the gold medal winners from the state would be given a cash prize of Rs 7 lakh. The silver and bronze medal winners will get Rs 5 lakh and Rs 3 lakh, respectively.
Even the different coaches responsible for producing such talent would also be suitably rewarded, ranging from Rs 50,000 to Rs 2 lakh, Munda added.
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18