Natya Vriksha to perform at PBD celebrations
The performance will entertain over 2000 global delegates attending the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas in Kochi.
Thiruvananthapuram: Danseuse Geeta Chandran and her renowned Delhi based Natya Vriksha dance company will entertain over 2000 global delegates attending the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas celebrations on its opening day in Kochi on January 7th.
Sponsored by FICCI and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Geeta Chandran's performance will showcase the best cultural strengths of India through classical dance, Bharatanatyam, a release said here today.
The repertoire will range from pure classical to the innovative finale choreographed to the haunting global sounds of Tchaikovsky's western classical musical score. Geeta said her show will be "show the world that
Indian culture has many subtle shades and dimensions. We can be purely Indian, and yet reach out to embrace the world." PTI
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Akhilesh Briefs Governor on Political Crisis
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official