Navneet Kaur Dhillon sets sight on Bollywood
Ponds Femina Miss India Navneet Kaur Dhillon will represent India at the Miss World pageant this year.
Mumbai: Ponds Femina Miss India Navneet Kaur Dhillon, who will represent India at the Miss World pageant this year, has already set her eyes on Bollywood.
"Right now Miss World is my aim, which is very important to me. But definitely, Bollywood is my next destination," said Navneet upon being asked about her future plans.
The Miss World 2013 contest will be held Sep 28 in Indonesia. Navneet hopes she brings the crown home this year.
"It has been 12 years since we won the Miss World crown. So I think it is my responsibility to bring it back," Navneet said while launching a new Ponds product.
The last time an Indian won the Miss World title was 2000. Priyanka Chopra was crowned at that time, and today, she is one of the most popular actresses of Bollywood.
Bollywood has a host of other actresses, who have been a 'Miss India' in some capacity or the other. These include Zeenat Aman (1970), Juhi Chawla (1984), Sushmita Sen (1994), Aishwarya Rai (1994), Gul Panag (1999), Dia Mirza (2000), Lara Dutta (2000).
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- IMPPA Passes Resolution Temporarily Banning Pakistani Artistes In India
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob