DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Navratilova wins her battle against cancer
The former tennis champion underwent six weeks of gruelling radiation treatment and now she is cancer free.
New York: Ace tennis player Martina Navratilova has won yet another marathon battle -- this time against breast cancer.
Navratilova, who was diagnosed with a non-invasive form of breast cancer called ductal carcinoma, underwent six weeks of gruelling radiation treatment and now she is cancer free.
"I am cancer-free," people.com quoted her as saying. "Technically I was cancer free after the lumpectomy in March. But then I had radiation to make sure that it killed any cancer cells that were still hovering about," she added.
"Surgery was easy but the radiation was trickier. It was six weeks of really low energy. Radiation just sucks your energy like a vampire, day by day."
Navratilova says she used to feel all drained. "Even when it was over, it took a long time to get my energy back up. But now I feel as good as new. I have an excellent prognosis, and I'm really doing well," she said.
Recommended For You
- KPS Gill Was India's Finest Hockey Administrator: Former Hockey Greats
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean-Salazar's Revenge Review: This One Doesn't Disappoint
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs