Navy chief's brother appointed Assistant Chief of Naval Staff
With an illustrious career, Rear Admiral Verma is one of the possible contenders for the top post in the Navy.
New Delhi: Rear Admiral Bimal Kumar Verma, the younger brother of Navy Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma, has been appointed as the Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Information Warfare and Operations) at the Defence Ministry headquarters.
The officer recently assumed the charge of his new office on the first floor of South Block, just a few rooms next to the Navy Chief's office, Navy officials said.
They said it is for the first time that two brothers are holding such important offices in the same building complex.
With an illustrious career, Rear Admiral Verma is one of the possible contenders for the top post in the Navy few years down the line, they said.
Admiral Verma is retiring as the Navy Chief on August 31 and will be succeeded by Navy Chief-designate and Western Navy Commander Vice Admiral Devendra Kumar Joshi.
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali And Other Winners So Far
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid