6 security personnel killed in Jharkhand
Maoist rebels denoted landmine on the national highway in Latehar district.
Ranchi: Six security personnel were killed in a landmine blast by Maoist rebels while seven guerrillas were arrested in a separate incident in Jharkhand on Saturday, a police officer said.
The landmine was detonated on Saturday afternoon by Maoist rebels between Manika and Patki on the national highway in Latehar district, about 140 km from here.
"Six security personnel who were on long range patrolling were killed in a landmine blast by Maoists. The killed security personnel include the officer in charge of Manika police station Kamal Chandra," spokesperson of Jharkhand police S N Pradhan told IANS.
Five of the victims died at the spot, and the sixth on way to hospital, he added.
In another incident, seven Maoist rebels belonging to the CPI-Maoist were arrested in Bokaro district.
According to police, the arrested Maoist rebels were planning to blow up a railway station in Bokaro district. Seven bombs and 20 detonators were seized from the arrested rebels.
Maoist rebels are active in 18 of the 24 districts of Jharkhand. In the last seven years, nearly 1,400 people including 744 civilians and 320 security personnel have been killed in Maoist-related violence.
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Salman Khan Dropped as Thums Up Ambassador by Coca Cola
- Salman Khan's Acquittal in Chinkara Poaching Case Challenged in SC
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Says 7 Pakistani Rangers, Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border, Pak Denies
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18