DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
6 security personnel killed in Jharkhand
Maoist rebels denoted landmine on the national highway in Latehar district.
Ranchi: Six security personnel were killed in a landmine blast by Maoist rebels while seven guerrillas were arrested in a separate incident in Jharkhand on Saturday, a police officer said.
The landmine was detonated on Saturday afternoon by Maoist rebels between Manika and Patki on the national highway in Latehar district, about 140 km from here.
"Six security personnel who were on long range patrolling were killed in a landmine blast by Maoists. The killed security personnel include the officer in charge of Manika police station Kamal Chandra," spokesperson of Jharkhand police S N Pradhan told IANS.
Five of the victims died at the spot, and the sixth on way to hospital, he added.
In another incident, seven Maoist rebels belonging to the CPI-Maoist were arrested in Bokaro district.
According to police, the arrested Maoist rebels were planning to blow up a railway station in Bokaro district. Seven bombs and 20 detonators were seized from the arrested rebels.
Maoist rebels are active in 18 of the 24 districts of Jharkhand. In the last seven years, nearly 1,400 people including 744 civilians and 320 security personnel have been killed in Maoist-related violence.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Feels India Well-Equipped to Defend Champions Trophy Crown
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Rafael Nadal Says He Almost 'Destroyed' His Wrist at French Open
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835