Jharkhand: Ten Maoists killed in encounter with rival faction
The encounter between the Maoists and the TPC cadres began on Wednesday evening and lasted till the wee hours on Thursday.
New Delhi: Ten alleged Maoists have been killed in an encounter between rival Maoist factions in Chatra in Jharkhand, local police said. CRPF claims key Maoist Arvind's right hand man Lalesh was among those killed in the encounter at Chatra.
Arvind was the alleged mastermind who surgically inserted bombs inside dead CRPF men after the Latehar encounter. Jharkhand DGP Rajiv Kumar told IBNLive that several top Maoists leaders including Lalesh, Prafull Yadav, Dharmendra Yadav and others have been killed. The dead bodies of the killed Maoists have been brought to police headquarters in Ranchi.
The Maoists were killed in an encounter with the Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC) on Wednesday night. "Bodies of 10 Maoists were recovered near Lakramanda village. They were killed during an encounter with the TPC last night," Chatra Deputy Commissioner Manoj Kumar told PTI over phone.
Superintendent of Police Anup Birtheray said the encounter between the Maoists and the TPC cadres began on Wednesday evening and lasted till the wee hours on Thursday. "As personnel of the COBRA battalion and district police had reached the area, the rebels could not take away the bodies. Six weapons were also found from the spot," he said.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans