DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Naxals attack police station again
After the March 15 massacre, Naxals attack another police station within 15 days in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh.
New Delhi: Within 15 days of the massacre of 55 policemen, Naxals on Saturday attacked a police station again in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh, police said.
However no policeman was injured in the second Naxal attack in the region.
"Several armed naxalites attacked Maraiguda police station in Dantewada district, about 550 km from Raipur in hyper-sensitive Bastar region," as quoted by PTI, police sources from Dantewada said.
Exchange of fire between police and Naxals continued for a long time, police said, adding no policemen were injured in the fire.
Since the Maraiguda police station is located close to the Andhra Pradesh border, most likely the Naxalites had crossed the border as police had launched combing operation of that area to trace the armed rebels, police said.
On March 15, naxalites had attacked the Rani Bodla police station of Bijapur district of the region and killed 55 policemen and injured 11 security forces and looted a huge number of weapons and explosive materials.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet