Women's panel wants weddings banned on reality TV
NCW criticises weddings in reality television serials.
New Delhi: The National Commission for Women (NCW) on Saturday criticised weddings in reality television serials and said they should be banned.
"There should be strict restrictions on such marriages. All media houses must come forward for this," NCW chairperson Girija Vyas said on Saturday. "It should be banned".
After actor Rakhi Sawant's engagement on a reality television show last year, late Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Pramod Mahajan's son Rahul is set to get married on the Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega show on NDTV Imagine channel late Saturday.
Out of the three finalists - Nikunj Malik, Dimpy Ganguly and Harpreet Chhabra - Rahul will chose one as his life partner on the reality show.
Vyas said that the NCW is in constant touch with the Information and Broadcasting Ministry on the issue. "We have written to them, they have replied to us. We think legislation needs to be brought to stop all these weddings."
"In 15 days, we will hold another conference, in which all aspects of these things will come out (for discussion)," she added.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology