Women's panel wants weddings banned on reality TV
NCW criticises weddings in reality television serials.
New Delhi: The National Commission for Women (NCW) on Saturday criticised weddings in reality television serials and said they should be banned.
"There should be strict restrictions on such marriages. All media houses must come forward for this," NCW chairperson Girija Vyas said on Saturday. "It should be banned".
After actor Rakhi Sawant's engagement on a reality television show last year, late Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Pramod Mahajan's son Rahul is set to get married on the Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega show on NDTV Imagine channel late Saturday.
Out of the three finalists - Nikunj Malik, Dimpy Ganguly and Harpreet Chhabra - Rahul will chose one as his life partner on the reality show.
Vyas said that the NCW is in constant touch with the Information and Broadcasting Ministry on the issue. "We have written to them, they have replied to us. We think legislation needs to be brought to stop all these weddings."
"In 15 days, we will hold another conference, in which all aspects of these things will come out (for discussion)," she added.
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Sacks Shivpal, 3 Other Ministers From Cabinet; Says Party is One
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal
- Whenever We Planned To Play India, Something Happens: PCB