DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
NCW writes to UP govt, raises questions over law and order
Mamata Sharma criticised the "deteriorating" law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh and asked the government to take some immediate action.
Varanasi: Chairman of National Commission for Women Mamata Sharma criticised the "deteriorating" law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh and asked the government to take some immediate action.
"I have written a letter in this regard to the UP government, but I have got no response from them," she told reporters in Varanasi on Saturday.
Incidents of rape, eve-teasing and domestic violence are prominent in the state. If police work effectively, the rate of such crimes can be brought down, she said. Unhappy over lack of protection to women in villages, she said women residing in cities and towns still have protection available but those living in villages lack it.
While appreciating the better sex ratio in Jaunpur and Azamgarh, which stands at 1014 females per thousand males, she said it is a positive sign.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet