NDMC proposes CCTV cameras in all civic body-run schools
The NDMC also recommended schools to provide mobile SIMs to all principals for more connectivity across the municipal schools.
New Delhi: With an aim to provide better security for children, particularly girls, North Delhi Municipal Corporation on Wednesday proposed to install CCTV surveillance cameras in all civic body-run schools.
"We have proposed to install CCTV cameras in all municipal schools to provide security, especially for girls, for which extra budgetary provision has been made," Chairperson of NDMC's Education Committee, Rekha Gupta said on Wednesday.
Each school will be provided security guards and boundary walls or fencing, she said. The budget proposal finalised by the Committee recommended to allocate additional budgets for CCTV cameras, arrangement of security guards and extension of fencing walls besides development of play grounds.
It also recommended schools to provide mobile SIMs to all principals for more connectivity across the municipal schools and increase in budgetary amount of uniform to all its students.
"Games and sports play an important role in the overall development of the child's mental and physical health. Play grounds play a very important role in it. So we have decided to develop and maintain playgrounds in all municipal schools," Gupta said.
"It has also been decided that budget for uniforms of students studying in nursery classes in municipal schools be increased from Rs 300 to Rs 800, while for the primary class students the amount has been increased from Rs 500 to Rs 1,500 for two set of uniforms," she added.
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Clinton Policy on Syria Would Lead to World War Three: Donald Trump