Neil Armstrong to be buried at sea
His family spokesperson said that no other details on the timing or the location of the burial were available.
Washington: US astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon, will be buried at sea, family spokesperson Rick Miller said.
Miller said on Thursday that no other details on the timing or the location of the burial were available, reported Xinhua.
Neil Armstrong died on August 25 at the age of 82 following complications resulting from cardiovascular procedures.
Armstrong commanded the Apollo 11 spacecraft that landed on the moon on July 20, 1969, and has been best remembered by saying, "That's one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind."
Armstrong and his fellow astronaut Buzz Aldrin spent two and a half hours walking on the moon, collecting samples, conducting experiments and taking photographs, while astronaut Michael Collins remained in orbit in the command module.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology