Nepal President to meet Shinde, Antony today
The Nepal President on Wednesday met Pranab Mukherjee, and thanked him for the development assistance extended by India in virtually every sector.
New Delhi: Nepal President Ram Baran Yadav will meet Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Defence Minister AK Antony on Thursday evening, as part of his five-day visit to India.
Baran on Wednesday met President Pranab Mukherjee, and thanked him for the development assistance extended by India in virtually every sector. He said that Nepal and India are closely connected with each other.
Baran also met External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Wednesday to discuss the political situation in his country where political parties are failing to come to a consensus to form a unity government. Khurshid emphasised that it is in India's interest that Nepal progresses as a stable, secular and democratic republic.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills