Never give up in life: Amitabh Bachchan's advise to youth
Big B, who worked with Jiah Khan in 'Nishabd', advised people not to give up in life despite facing setbacks.
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who shared screen space with late actress Jiah Khan in 'Nishabd', today advised people not to give up in life despite encountering setbacks and failure in achieving their goals.
"I am saddened and shocked with the news (of Jiah Khan's suicide). I request all not to take such a step because of depression," Bachchan told reporters at an event here.
The 25-year-old actress was found hanging at her flat in Juhu on Monday night. Though she did not leave behind a suicide note, it is said depression due to failure on personal and professional fronts led her to take the drastic step.
"There are people who are sad, worried, depressed with life as their dreams remain unfulfilled. I request them not to give up in life," Big B said.
Jiah made her acting debut in Ram Gopal Varma's 2007 film `Nishabd' where she acted opposite Bachchan. The film received mixed reviews but Jiah, then just 19, was noted for her confidence, attitude and sex appeal. She also got a Filmfare Best Debutante nomination.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls