New book on Telugu cinema
Books on cinema bring back fond memories of old classics, said Katamanu Krishnarjuna Rao, of Alankar and Jayaram theaters, here on Sunday.
He was speaking at the inauguration of Telugu Cinema, written by Chalasani Venkateswara Rao aka Jagapati. The book covers various aspects of the film industry and those from Krishna district who hit it big in movies, Krishnarjuna Rao said.
An appeal has been made to the government to allow conventional cinema theatres to screen five shows per day as multiplexes do. Theatres must encourage small budget movies by screening two shows per day, RV Bhupal Prasad, general secretary of AP Film Chamber, Vijayawada unit. Katragadda Narsiah, convener of the Senior Citizens Association, Grandhi Viswanath, Urvasi cinema complex owner and others were present.
Recommended For You
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion