New-born girl in Qatar named 'Fifa'
Baby 'Fifa' was born on the same day the Gulf country won the bid to host the FIFA World Cup.
Dubai: It became an obvious choice for a Qatari couple to name their daughter 'Fifa' as she was born on the same day the Gulf country won the bid to host the FIFA World Cup.
"My husband Nayef Al Shimmari and I decided six months ago to name our daughter Dana," the mother said.
"Last Thursday when I was in labour I heard that Qatar was picked ahead of many other countries to host the World Cup finals, so my husband and I decided to name her Fifa," she told the 'Arabic Al Raya' daily.
"We saw that Qataris were truly overjoyed with the historic award and we wanted to contribute to the celebrations in our own way," she added.
Qatar becomes the first Arab, Muslim and Middle Eastern country to host the world's most viewed sporting event.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone