DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
New-born girl in Qatar named 'Fifa'
Baby 'Fifa' was born on the same day the Gulf country won the bid to host the FIFA World Cup.
Dubai: It became an obvious choice for a Qatari couple to name their daughter 'Fifa' as she was born on the same day the Gulf country won the bid to host the FIFA World Cup.
"My husband Nayef Al Shimmari and I decided six months ago to name our daughter Dana," the mother said.
"Last Thursday when I was in labour I heard that Qatar was picked ahead of many other countries to host the World Cup finals, so my husband and I decided to name her Fifa," she told the 'Arabic Al Raya' daily.
"We saw that Qataris were truly overjoyed with the historic award and we wanted to contribute to the celebrations in our own way," she added.
Qatar becomes the first Arab, Muslim and Middle Eastern country to host the world's most viewed sporting event.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar